Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Snowy Day Part 2

I am very fortunate in that I have a teacher whose first grade classroom is right beside mine who is a great inspiration to me.  I love her teaching style and she has some of the most fantastic ideas. She also did The Snowy Day in her classroom.  I am in love with her hallway display and they are listed below.  I will need to "steal" some of her ideas for next year! :)
 
She had her students write a retelling of The Snowy Day.  This is always a challenge for kids to learn how to write things in their own words. 

 
 
I am in love with these!  She had students dress themselves in a snowsuit just like Peter and then taught them how to create speech bubbles about what they like to do in the winter.




 
 
Do you have a teacher in your building that you think of as an inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment