Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back to School Nesting

If you've ever been pregnant, you know how intense that "nesting" feeling can be the last few weeks before the baby is due.  You will find yourself in your pantry, convinced that you won't be ready for baby to arrive unless all the canned food is organized by expiration date, then color.  I go through a similar "nesting" feeling at the beginning of each school year.  Does anyone else love organizing their classroom and making everyone super cute as much as I do?  I saw this eCard on Pinterest and I thought it described me perfectly...

 
Well, I finally feel (mostly) ready for my new batch of first graders to arrive tomorrow!  I decided to go with a new theme this year--chevron!  It makes me so happy to look at--and a happy teacher=happy students!! :)
 

My new 0-20 number line!  I love that each number is also represented by 10 frames.  I bought this from The Printable Princess.

I have been debating about taking the plunge and getting rid of my large teacher desk!  I always felt like it was such a waste of space and just collected junk.  I finally did it!  I still have a little "corner" of the room for my computer, filing cabinet, etc, but without the large table space.  I am hoping this forces me to take charge of all the paperwork!  (Also, don't you love that beautiful chevron lesson plan binder??  I found it at Target!)

My new alphabet.  I liked how the alphabet had the handwriting lines, as well as both sounds for all the vowels, as well as c and g!  I bought this from First Class Teacher Resources.

My class meeting area.  There will be plenty of room for my 19 students!

Classroom jobs display.  I use clothespins with student names to determine which student does each job for the week.  (I am working on getting these on TPT...I made them several years ago and don't remember where I saved them!)

 
The first day of school for me is tomorrow!  Good luck!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience! As for new school year, I always feel this exceptional anticipation of joy each time I'm about to get back in classroom. And it's true that making it all pretty and tidy is a must for every teacher. A few years ago I even hired superb college essay writers to help me with unique task sheets for my classroom. They are still hanging there, however, there is no blank space for kids to draw and write by now, ha-ha. Maybe I will print out new ones next year.

    ReplyDelete